[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Another Use for Excel

Terry, ALL

I'm presently working on my high power controller and associated SS
wattmeter.  I'm also mentoring a physics major with the contruction of a
30W CW CO2 laser using a VTTC to excite the laser.  The bottom line is
printed circuit boards (PCB's) have to be built.  For us Excel users
who are also doing Tesla spreadsheets, I've determined another "trick"
for novel and "twisted" use of Bill Gates software...

If you set the column width 2, and the row height to 15.5, and plot on
printer at 48% scale factor, a perfect 0.100" x 0.100" grid is developed
for laying out PCB's for transfer to copper clad board.  I've started
the phase one of the SS wattmeter and completed board layout of the beam
current regulator and it worked fine.  Layout is accomplishing using
"Drawing" Tools and drawing full scale on grid of spreadsheet as a
cheapo CAD package.  It's not sexy, but it is CHEAP, and very helpful
when manually laying out boards...

I've used this technique in Excel 5.0/95 and Excel 97.  Can not provide
guidance on earlier versions...

Regards...

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA