[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Glassless Saltwater Caps

In a message dated 2/6/99 5:27:14 AM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Mike,
>    Where in world did you obtain Teflon bottles?

Dave,
    I work in a laboratory and have for many years.  Some of the reagents I
use come in teflon bottles, and when they are consumed, I can choose to reuse
the bottles or take them home.  I have more than I need at work, so I took
several home with me over the years.   I also picked up some at a laboratory
equipment sale for next to nothing.
    I guess today would be a good day to make a cap from one of the
small(500mL) ones.  I can determine the area and see how much capacitance they
can provide.  They all seem to be of the same thickness, although I haven't
determined that for sure.  I will also see if I can blow one up to determine
it's voltage standoff capability.
Mike