[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coils and free energy.

>  Free energy comes
>  only
>  from natural resources and our ability to transform energy into useful
>  technology (but natural resources are not necessarily free, are they.)
>
>  Bart

Bart,
    I am not disputing what you are saying here, but there are two things I
can think of that may contradict what you are saying.  First, Tesla did light
bulbs at a distance from his magnifying transmitter.  In order to do it, he
used a huge coil grounded some distance(not known to me just how far) and had
a light bulb in place of the spark gap in a step down transformer setup- I
presume tuned to the output frequency of his transmitter.  There is a photo of
it in his Colorado Springts Notes.  He also noted in his CSN (and also in a
paper later) that he was able to detect standing waves in the earth during a
lightning storm.  I think his idea for transmitting energy to the ends of the
earth were idealistic,  but signals from spark gap transmitters certainly can
be received thousands of miles away.  It may be that he was considering usable
energy as that which might run a small clock or even a fluorescent or luminous
tube lightbulb.  You have to remember that before his introduction of AC
power,  even the output of a simple battery was considered significant to
those not within the mile or two from Edison's power plants.
    The second thing I can think of that might contradict what you said was
the patent Tesla was granted for "accumulating" energy from the ether.  It was
a simply a large sheet of metal suspended in the air that would draw energy
from cosmic radiation and charge a capacitor.  Again,  I don't believe it was
a practical invention, but never the less, he did get a patent for it(This is
definitely one for the free energy crowd).
    Please don't get the idea that I am one who believes that Tesla's
magnifying transmitter is the way of the future.  I also don't think that
trying to run a farm or a household via a Tesla coil is anywhere near
practical.  I do believe that there are uses for Tesla coils that we all are
overlooking due to our fascination with the coils themselves.  I am one who
thinks that Tesla was a genius and that he deserves a place in history much
more than he got.  It seems that history glorifies those who used ideas to
make millions rather than the ones who actually had the ideas, but such is
life, I guess.
Enough of this.
Mike