[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: best dielectric?

At 06:32 PM 2/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "ROBERT CRESSLER" <59CREROB-at-menasha-dot-com>
>

>             Coilers!
>                        greetings from Oregon!
> I am trying to determine if i should purchase a sizable quantity of
>.010 film 10"wide x 1000ft roll of one of the following: $150
>(pp,hdpe) $250.00(uhmwpe) or.015 x 26" x 60" sheets of ps -at-.75/ea no
>price on the pc yet.
>     Given a choice of using:Polypropylene,HDPE,UHMW PE,Polystyrene or
>Polycarbonate for Caps which would be best?
>( the PS will have a white pigment in it,others are unfilled)
>any thoughts from the list? anyone want to go "halves" for a roll?
>they seem to have similar properties.....

	I would go for the UHMW PE-- I vaguely recall that on a previous posting
UHMW had the highest standoff voltage rating of the polyethylenes.  I'm not
sure about polystyrene, but I don't believe polycarbonate is very efficient.
    Cabbott and I are in Oregon-- Cabbott buys his caps for the most part,
but I might be interested when I get back this summer.
			greetings to all.
				--Mike