[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla coils and free energy.

Hi Rogerio,

I hate to burst your free energy bubble, but there is no such thing. This kind
of information is media and fantasy at it's electrical best. There is a well
known fact regarding energy. It is transformed, but it is never free. There
are
always losses. Losses subtract from the input energy (thus the term "losses").
Losses show themselves in many forms and heat is probably the major area for
energy loss. Even a superconductor isn't without losses. Tesla Coils are very
lossy. So far, Tesla Coils are used as means of generating home-brew arcs
which
similates lightning effect (sort of). A few coils can generate rather large
and
long arcs up to 600+ inches, but most coils performance is somewhere
between 30
and 160 inches and most of these are of the home-brew type.

Tesla Coils are also used for science education purposes. I have yet to see a
real "market" for Tesla Coils beyond science education exhibits. However,
these
coils are well worth their study, and their electrical behavior is
contraversial
due to the complex interaction of inductive and capacitive relationships under
high pressure. If you want to make arcs or study these relationships, a Tesla
Coil is a supreme device to use. But if you want to power your house or ranch,
go to your electric company. A Tesla Coil can not do what you are thinking.
There are a lot of books with a lot of "hoopla" intermixing Tesla's use of
this
coil (and others) and the idea of power transmission. It was an idea. It
was not
a reality in Tesla's time and it is not a reality today. Free energy comes
only
from natural resources and our ability to transform energy into useful
technology (but natural resources are not necessarily free, are they.)

Bart