[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

"  Ed -

  Are you saying these mechanical analogies represent 4th order
differential
equations as shown in the Corum's TCTUTOR book?

  John Couture"

	Don't have the Corum's book (to say the least, I'm not a fan of theirs
and I have read quite a bit of their publications), so can't say for
sure (including whether their derivation is correct).  I've analyzed the
circuits with Laplace transformers, and haven't written the expressions
directly in the form of differential equations, so will have to look at
the matter to see what I think.  What I am sure of is that there are
direct analogies between capacitors, inductors, masses, and springs.
The "equations of motion" are identical.

Ed