[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

> Of course, the basic idea is present in any radio transmission, where an
> oscillator irradiates energy through a resonant antenna, and another
> resonant
> antenna, aided by additional resonant circuits, receives the same
> signal.
> But this is useful only for information transmission. For power
> transmission
> the idea is extremely inefficient.
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Inefficient compared to what Antonio? I think Tesla was basing the
eficiency models on the resonance matching the earth's natural resonance
via standing wave.
 Maybe I'm wrong, but if he caused an earthquake around New York City
via a small oscillator in resonance, I'd say efficiency was much higher
than what one would expect from a small instrument.
I believe it's the same thing he was proposing via Wardencliff. Once the
earth resonance was brought into tune,(like pushing a swing),I don't
think it would take much to keep it going...

Bob V