[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SCR driver coil concept-another thought

>Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:58:53 -0700
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: SCR driver coil concept
>From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
>Original Poster: Eddie Burwell <eburwell-at-HIWAAY-dot-net>
>
>At 07:36 PM 1/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>Original Poster: "becyn comunication" <becyn-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>>
>>To Eddie B, et all:
>> major edit<<<
>given input there will be a turns ratio for an optimal match.
> I've messed with some pulse transformers to the point of frustration,

What kind of messing?? Did you measure the base resistance at Fo?

>now I'm think of a different scheme. My current thought is to have an
>intermediate matching circuit between the primary tank circuit and the
>output resonator. Here is a diagram:
>

>_____/ ____L2_________L3______
>   |    |       |          |
>   C1   L1      C2         Ctop
>   |    |       |          |
>  ----------------------------
>    -----
>     ---
>      -
>
>where L1,C1 is the very low inductace high capacitance, high current
tank.
>L2,C2 is a series tuned matching circuit with L3>L2>L1 and C1>C2>Ctop.
The
>tuning and interactions in this circuit could get ugly but the pulse
>transformers got ugly so here I am!

AAArgh! You think you were frustrated before? That L section match
isn't the best thing even for radio circuits (harmonics, etc), let
alone the mess that you'll get with a TC!

I tried something similar with a VFO transmitter that had a pi
network output scheme. Very flakey performance due to the basic
incompatiblity of circuitry. I designed another one with a "link"
match with much better results. At resonance the link becomes part
of the L3, Ctop resonant system. No capacitor in series with ground
to muck things up. Another posibility is an "oudian" type system
with a tap to match L3.

 Jim McVey