[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

John,

I hate to seem the camudgeon but there is technically no such thing as action
at a distance, but debate on that issue is better referred to a cosmology
discussion group.
That theory has been long refuted. I am certain that you are not referring to
classical "action at a distance" but rather to electromagnetic coupling via
magnetic flux generation
(the classical description of induction).
You should not use the term "action at a distance" in this context, it is very
misleading
as there is a specific, different meaning for this term.

> Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>
>   Antonio -
> <<snip>>

> The energy is transferred by induction via air gaps or "action at a
> distance".

<<snip>>

> With this system there is no physical connection between the input and
> output of the TC and also no physical connection between the TC and the

<<snip>>

The physical connection you are referring to presumes that magnetic flux lines
are
non-physical entities. I think it is more than semantics to say that there are
more
physical properties to EMF than not. The characterizations of the analogies
given all center on the properties of the induced emf. Electricity is a fluid.
The wires are conduits.
This is the reason for the term "current"; there is no other way to intuit the
behavior.
That is why the majority of electrical laws were derived from hydrodynamics
and
the emergence of the field of magnetohydrodynamics.

Bryan Kaufman