[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Now, How does a coil really work??

> Original Poster: Scott Stephens <Scott2-at-mediaone-dot-net>
> >However, the way I understand resonant rise (maybe this is incorrect ??) is
> >that the output energy of the coil will be greater than what you "stuff"
into
> >the primary. This would violate the energy conservation laws and I donīt
see
> >how this is possible.

You are neglecting the energy stored in the oscillation itself.
The energy continues to add to the Fres oscillation  current without breakout
until the
capacitance of the toroid is exceeded.

I am going to describe a fluid system as an allegory to a TC.
The primary is a fluid drive which powers a paddle wheel (the paddles are
magnetic
flux lines in a TC) The paddle is immersed in a long tank (the TC on it's
side).
One end of the tank is open to a large pool (ground) the other end is open
to a
small basin (toroid).

The paddle is driven first one way then reverses and is driven the other way.
The reversal is synchronized to the wave pattern in the long tank.
At first there is little current of the waves. As more oscillations occur,
however,
the amount of water moving past the paddles grows ever greater.

As more and more of the water from the pool is recruited into the oscillation,
the basin level at peak grows higher and higher, eventually exceeding the
walls of the basin and splashing out of the basin and out of the system.
This sets an upper limit to the current of the oscillations.

I hope this  simplistic answer clears up the confusion.
There's no conflict with
the 1st Law of Thermodynamics.

Bryan Kaufman
So, you think Mac is on a roll now? Just wait for OS X. This year . . .