[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bogus polypropylene caps

Would-be PFC capacitor buyers - beware.  The All Electronics catalog lists a
"30-36 MFD 330VAC polypropylene" capacitor for $2.50 each or 10 for $20.
Just the right thing for a power factor correction capacitor array.

Upon receiving mine, I was sad to discover that these are in fact
electrolytic capacitors, labeled "For Motor Starting", useless for PFC
applications and definitely not polypropylene.  All Electronics has agreed
to refund my $20 plus shipping and will investigate the nature of the
product prior to the next catalog publication.  In the mean time, don't you
fall for it too.  Dang, I thought it was too good to be true!

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA