[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: T.C. goals

Bill,

You are probably correct that a small VTTC is better for your planned
use. As long as all of the primary and power supply circuitry are
covered up and inaccessible, this small system is probably harmless to
you or others. Just avoid getting ozone overload, don't let any
discharges that hit your bare skin linger at any point for any length of
time, and avoid holding high-vacuum tubes (beware green phosphorescence
of the glass - it's a probable indicator of x-rays).

This is also the first time I've heard of the ion tree demonstration -
neat! The fact that you could do this without melting the individual
wires indicates that you were indeed running at relatively low power. A
low-power system is ideal for demonstrating various effects of HV RF in
a compratively safe manner. Most coilers tend to use Armstrong
oscillators with a separate "tickler" winding to provide phase-shifted
feedback and gridleak bias. You are among the few who've used a Hartley
- congratulations!

Good luck, have fun, and play safely Bill!

-- Bert --