[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Trans.

Hi All,
         I hope terry feels like letting this through as I never got around
to adding my final thoughts to the discussion.  I think I've set out most of
my idea but some of the list were a little scathing about my refs.
particullarly the 128foot streamer at resonance.  As I was re-reading a Tesla
biog ('The Man Who Invented The 20th Century'  Headline Press 1999)  I came
across this:
'The strike was over 200 feet (61m) in length.  There was a mighty clap of
thunder as the electricity ripped the air apart.  The local newspapers
reported that the noise could be heard as far off as Cripple Creek, 20miles
(32km) away.'
The same book also substantiates the claim that the experiment burnt out the
alternator at the Colorado springs power company, who's director Leonard
Curtiss, Tesla's former patent lawyer, had agreed to provide power at the
off-peak rate all the time to Tesla.
There is also a detailed description of 200 incandesant bulbs being lit at a
range of 26 miles from the plant by a receiver.  The passage unfortunately
does not give the wattage or cp rating of the bulbs so that no power figure
can be calculated from this.

Regards
Nick Field

<<< Claims of spark length and the references in which they are found are
perfectly on topic. - Terry >>>