[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RSG question

Hi Phil,

At 06:35 PM 12/21/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>  I am new to coiling and like many others I am working on my first coil
>and have a few questions:
>
>1) Are there any regular events/gatherings in the southern California
>area? I would love meet other coilers and see their coils in operation.
>
>2) I am planning to build an RQ style spark gap for coil but I am sure
>that later I will want to try building a rotary. My question is has
>anyone ever attempted to build an RSG in which instead of having
>electrodes mounted on the spinning disk there are simply holes or slots
>in a disk spinning between two stationiary electrodes?

YES!!  I did that many years ago.  It was sort of like a plasma torch.
Sliced those little vanes right off!!  They were just some thin clear
plastic.  I always wanted to try 20 mil alumina of hybrid fame but never
got around to it...  Many nice rotary gaps use a spinning conductor between
the stationary tips with good results.

Cheers,

	Terry