[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Measuring static gap BPS

The problem is, with a static gap, the time between bangs is completely
random and does not repeat.  From scope sweep to sweep, each one will be
different and will be impossible to make sense out of.  Unless I had a
storage scope and captures a single sweep and counted the bangs over a
significant time interval, a normal scope is useless.

With a rotary, a normal scope would be fine, since each pair of bangs is the
same time-interval as any other and you get a stable scope trace.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA