[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Basic questions, Ground Options, RSG benefit

Ted,
Sorry if I lost you with my "wish list" of conductive wet grounds.

Actually the Gulf of Mexico is perfect (top of the list)
All you got to figure out now is how to get power and people there.
Isn't Northern Texas pretty far from the Gulf ?
I spent a year in El Paso - Ft. Bliss.

In your backyard, the counterpoise is recommended.

Use as large as possible conductive (metal) sheet laying over the ground
(under the ground is better but harder)
objective to get as much capacitive & conductive coupling as possible to the
earth, etc.
(applied moisture will help)

Ideally place your TC in the middle of this sheet and fire away !,

otherwise connect a wide Cu strap from it to your TC located as close as
possible.
Your TC ideally has a metal sheet beneath defraying some peak current
locally.

Regards, Dale