[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Moderator note

Hi All,

Since the number of posts is getting pretty high these days I thought I
would mention the usual things...

If you ever see a file attachment with a Tesla list post, assume it is a
virus and delete it immediately.  The list is "pretty" virus safe but there
is always a chance some new thing will find its way through.  The Tesla
list never sends attachments and posts are always sent in plain ASCII text.

Please snip off no longer meaningful parts of old posts in your replies.
This keeps the posts from growing and growing in size.

I am going to ask that "component identification" and other replies to
questions that really don't mean anything to the other 699 of us, be sent
directly to the person that had the question and not to the whole list.
Since the rest of us don't have that particular diode that was made on Mars
or whatever, the replies just don't mean much to the rest of us.  Feel free
to ask the list about such things but I do require that the components in
question be Tesla coil related.

When you answer by adding your comments to the original message, please use
spaces to separate your comments from the original text.  That makes it
much easier for everyone to read.  Feel free to add spaces and such to keep
the posts easily readable.

We ask that you "sign" your posts with your name or some other "handle" at
the end.  This helps us keep track of who we are talking to.

Posts to the Tesla list may take up to 24 hours to wind their way through
the servers and get sent out to the list.  I don't think any posts have
gotten lost for many months now.

As always, only posts dealing directly with Tesla coil design,
construction, use, etc. are accepted on the Tesla coil mailing list.  All
other subjects are rejected and I return the those posts with the
explanation...

For the new people that don't know...  The Tesla coil list is created, run,
owned, controlled... by Chip Atkinson.  The main site with all the past
posts (about 5 years) is at "www.pupman-dot-com".  I (Terry Fritz) moderate the
list (at Chip's request) by pre-screening the posts before they are sent to
all 700+ people on the list to keep things on-topic and stop "problem" posts.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

	Terry
	terrellf-at-uswest-dot-net