[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coiling Goals

Tesla List wrote:

> Malcolm Watts on the Tesla-2 List said:
>   "I'm curious to know: what is/are each person's goal/s
>   in coiling?  I'd be very interested to hear. I will
>   offer no comment unless one is requested."

Hi All
I thought that I should reply to the original post.

About 5 years ago my close friend Brian le page was at university in the
UK when he came across
some interesting stuff on the internet, A device with would make home
made lightning Tesla coil).
At the time I had no idea what it looked like or did exactly.

The two of us decided to build one, At this stage I`v got to say that at
the time I had no electrical
background what so ever.

So the first goal was to build one that worked.

As it turned out our first coil was a total failure.

So the second goal was to learn as much as we could and then build a
coil that did work.

After much building we did get a small coil that put out 6" or 7"
sparks, the feeling of achievement
at that moment can not be put in to words(But I think you all know what
I mean).

Since that time our coils have moved on from boiler transformers to pole
pigs and are getting
bigger, but feeling never changes.

Fr. Thomas McGahee is right, over the past years since I`v been on this
list not only have I learned
a great deal but I`v also made some very good friends both here in the
UK and across the pond
in the US.
Last year I went on holiday to the US and was made welcome by some of
the diverse people
on this list (Jeff P/Bill W/Jim L)thanks guys.

I think my goal now is to pass on some of the knowledge that I`v learned
over the past years.

Cheers Mike Tucknott
Happy christmas & a very great 2000

PS I think Nikola would be very proud of all of us.
PPS Come on Bill Wysock tell us all how it started  ;-)

I like having low self-esteem.
It makes me feel special.(Q-Jane Lane)

http://freespace.virgin-dot-net/michael.tucknott/tesla.htm