[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Franceformer repair...... and misc info

Your right.  Sorry I didn't catch that mistake when I typed it. I seem to
make a lot of goofy mistakes, maybe I should just keep quite. I was thinking
about the current on each coil being out of balance.  I have checked several
neons before unpotting them and found the current to be plus or minus
several ma per coil.  I had one neon that checked 27ma on one coil and 32ma
on the other coil. When I unpotted it I made sure both coils produced the
same output.  I figure if I want the output to be 50ma then both coils
should be producing the same output each.

Talking about mistakes.  I just finished putting new heads on my Street Rod
truck.  After putting the distributor back on and starting the engine it ran
like the spark plug wires were connected wrong.  I checked the wires and
restarted the engine and it was still misfiring.  I pulled all the wires off
and put them back on again and it still mis fired.  One last time I
rechecked the wires and it still misfired.  I was mad so I went in
the house for about 30 minutes.  After getting cooled down I returned to the
shop and discovered wire 1 and 2 was in the wrong place.  Now the engine
runs great.  Is that stupid or what?

Gary Weaver