[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Re: Location/injury]

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
Original Poster: MDip894456-at-aol-dot-com

i was watching my best friends coil, which can throw out 3' sparks, when the
main cap started smoking. he went up to the cap, and must of touched it or
something because he was thrown back onto the TOROID which electrocuted him
so bad i swear he was glowing. anyway i called 911 and the ambulance took him

to hospital where after a few weeks he made a full recovery. but that still
didnt stop me from messin' around with my 20 FOOT, oh, did i say foot? i
meant INCH, coil.

How about you freind, does he still coil? But yes, the smoke and gasses
produced from an arcing cap can conduct electricity so just getting close,
or into the smoke, my be all it took to get a fat discharge. Ever try a
Tesla coil in a smoke filled room? You may have to tune it a little but it
seems more violent or maybe it was the excitement of one of the caps
exploding, not sure, that was ten years ago.
Merry Christmas all and happy coiling,
Glenn

http://webmail-dot-netscape-dot-com.