[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Franceformer repair...... and misc info

Hi Gary, all,

> Original Poster: gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> If the primary coil is bad it is not hard to rewind it.  If its like
>my neon it will have 244 turns of wire on the primary coil.
>
> You will have to use a meter to determine how many shunts to remove.
>Be sure to check one coil at a time and remove the same number
>of shunts from each stack. A 60 ma neon should have 30 ma on each
>coil.  You can remove

Snip.

Sorry, but that CAN´T be. Your secondary windings are in series
(i.e. 2 x -at-7.5kV for a 15kV neon), so the total current MUST flow
through both windings, which means a 60mA NST will give you
60mA per winding leg. The current does NOT sum up (30+30mA
NOT= 60mA), when you series two coils. The voltage adds up,
but not the current. For more current you will need to parallel the
windings.

Series: Vt=V1+V2 and At=A1=A2 (for A1=A2)
Parallel: Vt=V1=V2 (for V1=V2) and At=A1+A2

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard

A P.S to all: Yeah, I´m still alive. I´ll try and get to those
unanswered private mails ASAP. I just finished Xmas
shopping and I´m almost dead (& broke) ;ö)), but you
WILL hear from me.