[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Induction heating in torroid / short circuit of secondary

Hi Colin,

	That's exactly what I use with great success.  I use two stainless steel
pizza pans (cheaper than aluminum versions).  I get a 3/8 inch piece of
all-thread rod and a few nuts to space them out about four inches.  I then
use 8 inch duct around the outside which naturally matches the ten foot
length.  I use aluminum heating duct tape to connect the ends and tape
around the pan to duct joint to get good electrical contact.

	The shorted turn problem makes good theoretical sense, but in practice, no
ill effects are noticed at all.

Cheers,

	Terry