[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Transmission

11/12/99

Quoting Charles Yost:

Tesla stated the basic requirements for Earth resonance in his Patent #
787,412 filed May 16, 1900 and issued April 18, 1905.  The patent states in
part:

"... the planet behaves like a perfectly smooth or polished conductor of
inappreciable resistance with capacity and self-induction uniformly
distributed along the axis of symmetry of wave propagation and transmitting
slow elecrical oscillations without sensible distortion and attenuatuion".

"... three requitements seem to be essential to the establishment of the
resonating condition".

"First, The Earth's diameter passing through the pole should be an odd
multiple of the quarter wavelength; that is, of fhe ratio between the
velocity of light and four times that of the frequency of the currents".

"Second,  It is necessary to employ oscillations in which the rate of
radiation of energy into space in the form of hertzian or electromagnetic
waves is very  small ... I would probably say, that the frequency should be
smaller than twenty thousand per second ..."

"Third.  The most essential requirement is, however, that irrespective of
frequency , the wave or wave train should continue for a certain interval of
time, which I have estimated to be not less than one-twelfth or probably
0.08484 of a second and which is taken in passing to and from the region
diametrically opposite the pole over the Earth's surface with a mean
velocity of about four hundred and seventy-one thousand two hundred and
forty (471,240) kilometers per second."
==========

Hmmm, 471,240 km/sec.  Tesla proposed two possible waves.  A diametric wave
passing straight through the diameter and reflecting straight back to the
source for a distance of 2D.  This is a longitudnal wave and is .0850 sec
(1/12 sec) or 11.76 Hz using modern measurements at the speed of light.
It's amazing how close he was.  The second wave is a surface wave traveling
pi D distance.  This is a dipole propagation of a surface longitudnal wave.
To make a long story short, the waves are linked together and experimentally
the diametric wave does travel at the speed of light.  The surface wave is
dependant on the diametric wave and has to travel a longer distance in the
same time period, so at the surface the wave becomes an intersection phase
wave and can travel faster than the speed of light.  Actually no mass is
traveling faster than the speed of light, only  the phase speed exceeds the
speed of light.

Losses are mainly due to the surface wave.  This wave of dipole polarity
travels the surface and is maintained except for losses along the way.
Tesla maintained that the electrical losses were a a result of surface
evaporation and represented approximately 250 horsepower.  He was probably
speaking of Wardenclyffe.

I submit that even when we fire our small TCs that prior to each spark
discharge, we resonate the Earth at some very high harmonic of that 11.76 Hz
fundamental frequency representing 1/4 D.  Trouble is that these very high
harmonics have very little energy and the losses prevent earth resonate
build up in our coils.  If we could actually dynamically match our coil
frequency to a lower Earth harmonic . . . Whoo BOY!

RWW