[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Transmission (Warning Long Post)

Richard Hull has written about the Colorado Springs system in
his excellent book "The TC builders guide to the Colorado Springs
notes of Nikola Tesla". Below, quotations are from this book (page 89).

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com
>
> I was under the impression the Colorado springs system was about 125kVA?

>From book: "15kW or more. No precise high end values known." and "The
real
output power was .. propably under 40 horsepower". (40hp = about 30kW)

> I'm working from the reported terminal voltage and the estimated terminal
> capacitance - a 100pF capacitor at 10MV is 100MJ - the starting energy is not
> to critical - it could be much less and the system would still work.

A quick calculation will show that if he run the system at 2400 breaks
per seconds (from book: "2400-4000bps"), and with 30kW input,
he could get a _maximum_ energy of 30000kJ/s / 2400 1/s = 12.5J.. That
is quite far from 100MJ :) and conservation of energy applies..
Maximum voltage would be E = .5 CUU, C = 100pF , E = 12.5J,
U = sqrt(2E/C) = 490kV and less with higher top capasitance.

So, 10MV it was not. From book: "The longest mentioned straigh line
arc paths obtained by Tesla at the CSL were, in his own words,
31-32 feet.". Even that was incredible with the engineering materials
of that time (no plastics!).

> The arcs went from the top of his transmitter to ground - the tower was about
> 120 feet tall.

Can you supply a reference to that? I don't think so..
(Not some pseudo-science keelynet text but real reference)

> Colorado springs magnifier could propogate through the earth.  The reason
> nobody has repeated these observations is that the magnifier has to be
> expressly designed to created these effects.  It has to be tuned to the right
> frequency and have a very, very large Ctop.

Rubbish. His magnifier ran at 10s of kHz.

Perhaps you wish to start building a magnifier "running at right
frequency", with "very large Ctop" to demonstrate the effect? >:)
Before that, you are, in effect, just describing another
cold-fusion-antigravity-ufo-elvis-lives theory.

> I'm not saying that the magnifier was pumping anything like 1GJ.

But you certainly are. Conservation of energy applies. Besides, it would
have taken Tesla about a day to get 1GJ of energy from his 30kW supply..

  Kristian Ukkonen.