[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Protection networks (was RE: LOW VOLUME)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>
Snipped..

> The analysis of the L-only circuit was simplified, ignoring the capacitance
> from the NST secondary winding to ground.  This capacitance does not count
> towards making it an L-C network however, as it is a distributed
> capacitance, not a lump at the terminal,
                     ^^^^
               Small clue here :-)

I have always wondered, what is _exactly_ meant by the term "lumped" as
opposed to for example transmissionline, when a tesla coil system model
is being discussed.
Transmission line vs. lumped parameter model seems to be the phrases
used.

This is mumbo jumbo to me, part because I am a Dane, (not that we are
dimm, just less proficient in command of the english language), part
because I have no formal electronic background.

What is a lumped parameter?

Cheers, Finn Hammer