[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: drying coil forms

Ed: I essentially said the same to Justin. BUT, this is the first time I've
heard that certain sealing agents can crack acrylic. Anything in particular
I should stay away from? I had planned to use a good quality polyurethane
varnish...glossy for 'show'.
And it's a 6" so it will be motor driven while applying and drying.
As for expensive..yep. Between the 36" I had to buy (sold by the foot) and
the two 6" end disks, I dropped $100 yesterday. Aspirin today.
Ted
==============================
Subject: Re: drying coil forms

Original Poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>  Does anyone have any experience with secondary forms made from other
> materials?
>  For example, would a perspex (plexiglass for those in the US) be a
feasible
>  solution?
>
>  Justin

Justin,

I have used clear (acrylic) secondary coil forms.  They work fine and look
good.  The only real drawback is that it is expensive.  You need to be
careful of what you put on over the wire as a sealer.  Some chemicals will
attack acrylic and cause it to crack.  Best to test a piece first.

Ed Sonderman