[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MMC Cap source

Hi all,
I bought some 42L series GE polyproplyene caps, (0.22 at 2000Vdc for $0.99
each), from the below outfit. I don't know how many of the 0.22 caps they
have left but they do have some other values, and the price is good.
http://www.madisound-dot-com/gecaps.html

Using the above caps I first tried 20 in series but a couple of them
overheated and bubbled the end seals. I ended up stringing 30 in series and
this works well. They get a little warm on my small, (4" secondary, 1440Va
NST), powered coil but stay cool on my 6" pig powered coil. (Maybe the
higher frequency of the 4" coil causes the heating).

Jon