[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Power Supply

The cheapest transformers just have to be microwave oven transformers.
Visit your local rubbish dump and you'll probably end up with three or
four ovens to take apart for free. Disadvantages, they're very heavy,
you need lots of them (they're only 2kV each, unless you're lucky enough
to find the 4kV variety), you need some kind of current limiting (yet
more microwave transformers with their secondaries shorted, maybe a few
fan heaters in parallel).

And grab the HV diodes from the ovens too, you can then rectify the
supply. A good way of connecting all the xfmrs together is mentioned at
www.altair-dot-org/tesla.htm . Or you can visit my site,
www.geocities-dot-com/maxerhard/ .

PS - Did you really run a tesla coil in your school !!