[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: That secondary harmonic voltage distribution stuff...

Terry Fritz wrote:

>         It appears that the harmonics are not 1, 3, 5 as I, and others,
originally
> thought but occur at 1, 2, 4, 6 instead.  Because of the effects these
> harmonic field distributions have on the tuning frequencies (a 1/2 sine
> wave has far less field capacitance and thus much higher frequency than a
> 1/4 harmonic), the harmonics "may appear" to be at 1, 3, 5 but are really
> not!  The top load terminal and even the top of a bare coil appear to be
> fairly good zero potential nodes.

Some time ago I posted some experiments about this. What I found was
that
the harmonics were as expected, but somewhat shifted to low frequency.
There is a long discussion about this phenomenon in Fleming's "big book"
(mentioned days ago).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz