[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Big Daddy Vacuum Tube

Forced air cooling and  BIG filament supply is necessary.  This is a
popular tube for radio transmitters, so there should be quite a few
examples in the ARRL handbook, particularly from 10-15 years ago (why I buy
and save a handbook about every 10 years)

1000 - 1000W continuous RF power.... more than that pulsed...

Make a dandy CW tesla coil with it.. You'll need a 3 kV at 1 Amp power
supply (or thereabouts) to run it.