[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Computer Monitor

Hi All,
    Tonight my neighbor threw out a computer monitor because he said it was
old and not compatible w/ his new computer. I happened to be the lucky one to
pick it up(w/ the intentions of taking the thing apart for parts).
    I have a few questions though:
    1) What kind of Transformer does it have?(i know its probably nice since
when I  busted it open, i saw a "Danger" sign with 25000v under that little
lighting bolt)
    2) Now i've opened it up, but does anyone know what the xfmer is? i can
tell the    screen tube and this piece that the tube plugs into, but i'm not
sure what the   xfmer looks like.
    3) The most important is if this xfmer could be used on Tesla Coil
applications,   or even jacobs ladders?
Thanks in advance.
Alan