[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: actual measurements & pictures of the TC in action

I suspected it was something along those lines.  Wish I had more
equipment :(  For now I guess I'll have to stick to using the
theoretical values of them.

Thank you. Not to sound stupid, but why is the corona at the top a big
deal?  I felt the secondary right after powering it off and it was
cold.  I need to find a better spacer--right now it's a plastic
enclousure box--I had to use something because without a spacer (which
meant about 2-3" between top turn and bottom of toroid) I was getting
heavy arcing down to the primary and other components.  And right now I
have only a safety gap and no strike rail since my RF ground is pretty
crappy.

That is a hot-spot near the bottom.  Unfortunately my 6 mo old puppy
thought magnet wire would make a good chew toy and snapped one turn of
the secondary.  So that spot is where I spliced the wire.  Is there some
technique to minimize the spot?  I did my best to avoid sharp edges in
the splice.  Is it better to fold the splice part flat against the coil
or to stick it straight out?  It seemed to me the former was better
although I couldn't get it to be perfectly flat.

Thanks!

-Stan