[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More maggie Q & A

At 11:33 AM 8/7/99 , you wrote:

<<snip>>

>Next qustion.
>
>With regards to the primary/driver how close should the two coils be.
>I thought 2" or so.(This should give me room to add insulation around
>the driver)

This is the really tricky part, as you want them to be as close as
possible. I wind my primary's directly over the driver coil. For my driver
that I used up to 15KV, I used about 5/8 inch of 30 mill LDPE sheeting over
the driver coil, from top to bottom, and then wound the primary directly
over that. I think this is ok for neon systems, but higher power, and you
may want more space and insulation. Remember, you want as high a coupling
you can get.

Regards,

David Trimmell