[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap Losses And Thoughts...and more Thoughts...

Bill the Arcstarter!

>Properly applied - using a nonlinear arc oscillator should work, as out
>ancient predecessors were able to construct CW units of 100KW delivered
>power using only the most primitive equipment! :)
>
>At one time I'd started a Poulsen arc page, which is at:
>http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160/poulsen/

Hey!
Mention Bill The Arcstarter and carbon arcs immediately come to mind!
You've done some great homework!

I see you've found a source.  Please do send me clearer drawings of the
original paperwork, so that I can get the blue-print type information.

I am ready to machine one!!  I've been waiting a long time for actual plans
of one of these "singing arc" type circuits...  I have many descriptions,
even wiring diagrams, but NO real information concerning the actual
phyisical construction, and electrical values!

This is a brilliant find!!  I intend to build one, mark my words!
Time for some real fun!

Jeff

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com