[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Solid state TC progress ?

Ritchie et al

Yes I'm still working on soild state coils. I'm working on a half bridge
design
it's working fine at lower powers I'm trying to establish the input
impedendance
of my coils so that I can design a better output transformer. I'm also
going to
try to drive the coil via a secondary - it works for tube designs so....

Hopefully I'll have something to display at the teslathon.

I'm also looking for a better PWM chip than the 3825 which I find to be
very jittery-
any suggestions out there?

But I should warn you that MOSFET's are not an easy alternative to spark
gaps
or tubes - they blow far too easily.

have fun,

Alan

Message text written by INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Alan Sharpe,

Have you made any recent progress with your MOSFET driven coils ?
I am very interested in the potential of using solid state electronics
to generate the high peak RF powers required by a TC,  and I am sure many
other list members also find the thought of using MOSFETS more
attractive than using oil filled capacitors and spark gaps,  especially on
smaller "demo" coils.

Will you be showing a solid state driven coil at the UK Teslathon on
May 29th.<