[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Success with PP Multi-Mini Cap

Although MMCs have worked great so far, I do have a little request.  If
anyone does blow one up, there is a way to tell basically why it blew.  Cut
the blown caps open or unravel them as the case may be.  If they look all
overheated and melted inside (widely discolored), then they are running too
much current (Dv/Dt) and dissipation overheated and destroyed them.  If
they look basically unmelted but they have a well defined blown area in
them, then over voltage is probably the cause.

Hopefully this won't be an issue, but a little detective work would be very
helpful in future designs if a problem does come up.

	Terry