[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Copper vs. Brass in SG electrodes

<< Another issue is
> rotor rpm; since sync rotaries generally spin at 1800 or 3600 rpm,
> the centrifugal forces are considerably less than at the higher rpms
> often used in non-sync rotaries.

> John Freau

Gary,

I forgot to mention, I run my non-sync gap up to 5000rpm with a 9"
lexan rotor and I haven't had any problems.  All my lexan rotors are
3/8" thick.  To make the rotor, I cut it round with a sabre saw, then
mounted it onto the gap motor, and used this as a "lathe" to true up
the edge using a wood chisel as a turning tool.  The method is a little
crude, but the results are good (I don't have a suitable lathe to make
the rotors).

John Freau