[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: frequency (fwd)

Hi ...

I had a N x M rotary gap hooked up that would
give in excess of 800 BPS one time on a DC
circuit. After about 750 BPS the spark changed
radically from quite an intense disruptive discharge,
to a much shorter but more continuous and musical
sounding sort of flame-like arc. At the time I thought
it must be emulating a CW coil, but the rotary was
in no way sync'd to the coil frequency. Maybe the
arc was starting to conduct continuosly a la Jacob's
ladder.

LR