[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Small nsts w/ delusions of granduer

>Original Poster: "chris morgan" <crmorgan-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>

>If I took a 7.5kV/30mA NST, and ran 220 V though it would it act as
>15 kV/30mA NST?
>

>Chris, via the inter-thingy

Sure....for X nanoseconds untill the insulation around the
secondaries breaksdown. I tried it....I let the magic smoke out. I
haven't tried anything like it again. I won't even put 15KV through a
12 KV transformer (ie paralell them to increase amperage). It's only
12 to 15...hey that's only a differance of 3! Right...thousand. Bad
idea.
Also I'm not sure, but I believe that if by the grace of God it did
work, you might only get 15mA instead of 30. I'm not sure though.
    If you have NST's to spare, try it, It might just work. But as
for me....I just don't have the grapes....and I'm down to three NST
as it is ;)

Boden's Law of NST handling #1:
      Do not pick up a 25 Pound NST by it's insulators. It like
picking a rabbit up by the ears. You might be cool, you might really
hurt it. Play nice.

The Coronaphile...running low on parts...

Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group
344 Ionia SW
Grand Rapids MI