[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 304TH vs 833A?

A 304TH should be good for a tube coil project, but is not quite as
powerful as a 833. I have been able to get a 16 inch spark from a single
304TH, see my past post on the subject "304TH Tube Coil and Level Shifted
supply", posted on the 19th of April, I think. I am not familiar with the
304H. I do know that the 304TL is a higher mu tube than the 304TH, or is it
the other way around? Can't remember right now, as its after midnight :>)

If the 304H looks like the 304TL then it is probably of the same ratings:
3000V plate with 300 watt dissipation, it also can be conveniently wired
for either 5 or 10 volts for the filament. Two of these tubes should get
you over 20 inch discharge, quite easily. Try the "Level Shifted" approach
to feeding the plate, as first introduced by Dave Sharpe of the TCBOR, and
well used by John Freau, RWS, and others on the list.

Good luck,

David Trimmell