[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC take2

>From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: MMC take2
>Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:09:53 -0600
>
>Original Poster: Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com
>
>In a message dated 4/22/99 4:42:11 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>

>>  Alright as I understand it someone recently took a whole bunch of
>>  little caps and hooked them together for TC duty. They called it
the
>>  MMC (Another obscure acronym?) i think.
>>   I have a resource for a whole herd of brand new computer grade
caps.
>>  The values are 1399mFd -at- 450 VDC, how many do I need? I can
probably
>>  get a couple hundred. Any ideas?
>>
>Chris,
>    If those are electrolytic caps, they won't work.  You need
polypropylene
>caps.
>Mike

Oh pooh....how do I know? They don't say electrolytic....but I think
they are. How can I tell?
Will they work in my amplifier? I've got a big Tigersourus and I
would like to add a large cap array if these are useless for anything
else. Maybe they will work for a pulse-array?

The Farad Boy
Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group
344 Ionia SW