[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scroungein' (fwd)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:48:12 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: "Andy Cleary" <gemware2-at-dreamscape-dot-com>
>
>I am constructing a Tesla Coil (my first one) almost identical to
>'Project
>1'.  I used 28 AWG magnet wire, and wound 18 inches on the 4" PVC.  My
>static gap is just two brass bolts on brass angle brackets, and the
>capacitor is just a Glass dielectric beer bottle capacitor (like the
>one
>currently being discussed on the list).  The toroid that I am using,
>after
>some research, is a 4" diameter tubing with a 5" center(of the
>toroid), and
>covered with metallic flue tape.  The primary coil that I plan on
>using is a
>flat helix, and I plan on using 25' of the 1/4 inch tubing (about 8
>turns I
>figure).  Although I have not tested the coil yet, I figured I would
>tell
>you the specifications for my similar coil.  I hope to finish the coil
>by
>the end of the week, and I will let you know how it turns out.  I am
>by no
>means an expert, but I thought that I would let you know what I have
>done.
>
>-Andy C.

Andy,  depending on your input voltage/current, you may want to include
extra turns in the primary just in case. I use something like twelve of
the seventeen turns on mine, with a similarly sized coil, powered with a
12000Vac 60ma NST, with capacitance at resonance.

With silent lightning in my hands,
-The Electrophile-
Grayson Dietrich

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]