[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC take2

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:56:18 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: "christopher boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Alright as I understand it someone recently took a whole bunch of
>little caps and hooked them together for TC duty. They called it the
>MMC (Another obscure acronym?) i think.
> I have a resource for a whole herd of brand new computer grade caps.
>The values are 1399mFd -at- 450 VDC, how many do I need? I can probably
>get a couple hundred. Any ideas?
>
>The Coronaphile
>Christopher A. Boden
>The Geek Group
>344 Ionia SW
>Grand Rapids MI
>49503
>(616)-574-4065
>
>The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth!

Something makes me think that those computer grade caps are
electrolytic...
If that's the case then DON'T EVEN THINK of using them. For the most
part, they are used for only DC applications, and the won't function for
a TC system. Most likely, they would self-destruct, possibly exploding.
I don't know what  MMC caps are, either, aside from them being small. I
think they are a type of mettalized polypropylene cap-- is that right,
list Gods?

With silent lightning in my hands,
-The Electrophile-
Grayson Dietrich

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]