[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What this beast really is? (Re: Fw: frequency (fwd))

In a message dated 4/20/99 5:01:02 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  But how do you plan to have the bang triggered? If you have no spark-gap
> than
>  your machine should output a very sharp pulse and than let the primary ring
>  down
>  and then another pulse at the right time!?
>
>  Sorry, just writing down straight what is passing into my mind...
>
>  Can you give us much more info about:
>
>  - approximative schematics (block diagram) of what you intend to build
>  - primary voltage and primary cap value

Actually, I am planning to use a spark gap.  This may be hard to do at such a
break rate, but it should not be impossible.  I will post a schematic of the
driver if it works.  I calculated the value of the primary cap that, but
couldn't find it at the moment.  It will be in the neighborhood of 2 - 3 nF -at-
10kV, if I remember correctly.  I also figure on having a primary of many
more turns that the usual.  It could be as much as 25 turns.
Mike