[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just wonderin' (fwd)

>From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Just wonderin' (fwd)
>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:24:28 -0600
>
>Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>Tesla List wrote:
>>
>> Original Poster: Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com
>>
>> In a message dated 4/18/99 4:45:14 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
>> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>>

>> >  > I have a couple NST's and am wondering what would be best for
a TC.
>> >  > I have a 7.5 KV -at- 100mA up to 15KV -at- 30mA so I've got quite a
range.
>> >  > What is the safety margin on the sec voltage? could I
paralell them?
>> >  > Just wonderin' I'm trying not to make an expensive mistake
that I'm
>> >  > sure 20 or more others have already made.
>> >
>> >  The NST's should only be paralleled if they're rated
identically.

>> Only the voltage ratings need to be identical.  They can have
different
>> current outputs and still work.
>
>	Not even the voltage ratings need be the same, although the
higher
>voltage unit will carry more of the load.  Remember that these are
>nearly constant CURRENT devices, and their deliberate leakage
reactance
>contributes to load sharing.
>
>Ed

AAARRRGGGHHHH!
 Alright....now we've come full circle. Can't someone just tell me
with any degree of certainty wheather or not I can paralell these
things? I would like to pair the 12KV 30 to the 15KV 30 ...that
should be okay, the 12 sould be able to handle the higher voltage.
I also have a 7.5KV at 100mA that would rock but I'll probably let
the magic smoke out if I try to put 12 or 15 KV through it.

Still wonderin'
The Coronaphile

Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group