[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: frequency (fwd)

Trent

A 'reso cap' is a capacitor that will resonate with the secondary of your HV
supply transformer at the mains line frequency. This causes resonant rise - the
capacitor will charge much more quickly - some people say that it 'sucks' more
power from the transformer. This generally applies more to current limited
transformers such as neons or Oil burner ignition Xfrmrs. The impedance is
simply the faceplate output voltage divided by the faceplate output current.
The reactance of your cap (1/(2*pi*f*C)) should match this where f is line freq
in Hz, C is capacitance in Farads.

all the best

Alex