[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: frequency (fwd)

">    I am presently working on a primary charging system using two
ferrite
core
> transformers, from an old x-ray power supply,  that will be pumped via solid
> state dirver circuit.  My idea is to be able to adjust the frequency between
> 1000 and 5000 Hz.
>     I hope to achieve the condition where the "next" cycle starts just at
the
> point when the secondary ring down is on it's last cycle.  I am thinking
that
> if the timing is very precise, these waveforms should experience
constructive
> interference and slightly increase the amplitude with each successive
cycle. "

	Marconi actually used such a system in some of his early high-power
transmitters working in the region of 20 kHz.  The rotary spark gap had
a multiplicity of small electrodes, WITH ONE SPARK PER CYCLE OF THE RF,
and rotated at very high speeds.

	Not very practical for TC work and, as Malcom points out, same
principal as tube coils (the plate circuit of the tube conducts during
part of each cycle).

Ed
   Not practical for higher-frequency TC work.