[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corona Loss? AAaaahhhh!!!

Yuri,
Corona loss happens when the high voltage breaks out from sharp edges
and appears as a "glow" or brush discharge. If you make saltwater caps
and do not put a layer of oil on top of the water, then turn of the
lights and run your coil, you will see this corona occurring from the
surface of the saltwater inside. It does look cool, but you lose
efficiency with your coil.
It can also happen betwwen your primary and secondary if not coupled
properly and from the connection between secondary and toroid.

Sparkin'
Bob Volk