[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

just wonderin... expanded

Hi,
To expand on Christopher's Questions,
I was wondering if anyone could maybe comment on NST matching.
I've seen what seems to be conflicting info. regarding how close the
xformers should be.
Some seem to be saying that even a few volts difference on the output(s) of
a pair of xformers paralleled together can cause problems.
Others seem to imply that they just throw together a couple or more with the
same faceplate ratings and let 'um rip.
Anyone have any comments that might illuminate this area?
If it is an issue, how much difference in output voltage is "tolerable"?
(recommendations on the poor man's approach to measuring the difference
would be appreciated too (!!))
Thanks,
Ed.

snip