[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rolled PE Caps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 06:04:25 -0700
From: Robert Volk <smrtmny2-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rolled PE Caps (fwd)

> I tried spot welding aluminum foil.  It doesn't work.  It seems the
> material to be welded must have a resistivity sufficient to create an
> I**2 R heating.  Aluminum is just too good of a conductor.
>
> Gary Lau
> Waltham, MA USA

Which is why IMHO that you don't need to connect it with fasteners. If
you make your terminals with the same kind of material as the caps
(foil), then connect them via a couple pieces of tape to the end of the
foil before you roll it up, you have flexible RF terminals. You
eliminate rivets, welding, or nuts/bolts, and the problems that can
occur with them.

Just one man's opinion on this subject - it works GREAT for me. It's
cheap, efficient, and very easy...

Sparkin'
Bob Volk